In my years as a therapist, seeing people grow during treatment and become who they want to be always feels like a wonderful gift.
Please bring your sense of humor to our work. It’s most helpful in psychotherapy … as in life.
In 2013 I started a Mind-Body website/blog called Allergies and Your Gut. The site is about how an unbalanced, impaired gut microbiota produces chronic inflammation in the body, which can eventually turn into disease or a disorder. We now know that even the brain and emotions are influenced by the gut flora — and vice versa. My hope is that the information on the site will help you keep your gut flora balanced and healthy so your body will be free of inflammation and disease and your mind at peace.
- Licensed Psychologist in NY State
- Diplomate in Professional Psychotherapy: International Academy of Behavioral Medicine, Counseling, and Psychotherapy
- Doctorate from the University of Pennsylvania
- Former University Lecturer in Psychology
- In Private Practice for 30 years in Chicago & New York City
- Studio Artist
- Located in Soho
- American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress
- International Society for the Study of Trauma & Dissociation
- American Psychological Association & Division 42, Psychologists in Independent Practice
- New York State Psychological Association
— Joan Rothchild Hardin, PhD